Curlew Cabin Booking Terms and Conditions
The Agreement shall be between David & Judith Booth (hereinafter called The Owners) and the party named in the Booking Form who is responsible to pay the rent in full (hereinafter called The Holidaymaker) on the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Holidaymaker warrants that the holiday property named in the booking form (Curlew Cabin) is to be used for the purposes of a holiday and so accepts that the letting is a ‘holiday’ let, namely ‘a tenancy the purpose of which is to confer on The Holidaymaker the right to occupy the subjects for a holiday only’ as governed by Scots law.
2. The person completing the booking form certifies that:
a. He or she is authorised to agree the booking conditions on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those who may be added at a later date.
b. He or she is over 21 years of age and is a member of the party intending to occupy the property.
c. He or she agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property.
3. The number of persons occupying the said holiday property shall not exceed the numbers of the party stated on the booking form.
4. Bookings will not be accepted from persons under the age of 21.
5. At the end of the holiday, The Holidaymaker binds and obliges himself or herself to vacate the said holiday property by 11:00am on the date specified without demand.
6. The Holidaymaker undertakes to maintain and leave the property and its furnishings and fittings in the same condition as at the date of the commencement of this holiday let and none of the furnishings and fittings shall be removed from the said property at any time. For the avoidance of doubt, minor breakages will be considered normal wear and tear, but the Holidaymaker agrees and obliges to pay to The Owners in respect of any loss or damage beyond normal wear and tear.
7. The Holidaymaker shall leave the property in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the holiday let (and failing this the said property may be cleaned by The Owners and a charge made to The Holidaymaker for the cost of such cleaning).
8. One well behaved dog is permitted at a charge of £20 per stay, please keep them off beds and furniture. Pets must not be left unsupervised in the cabin.
9. All bedding, extra blankets plus two towels for each guest are provided but please bring your own towels for outdoor use.
10. No smoking or naked flames are permitted in or around the cabin.
11. No barbecues or loud music in or around the cabin.
12. The Holidaymaker undertakes to pay to The Owners a deposit of 25% of the holiday price to secure the booking. If the booking is made within six weeks of the holiday let then the holiday price must be paid in full.
Please return your deposit and signed booking form with all details of your reservation within five working days to confirm your reservation. Due to high demand, after five working days we can no longer guarantee your selected dates will remain available.
The balance of the holiday price must be made at least six weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday let.
13. In the event of the Holidaymaker cancelling the booking, for any reason, the balance of the holiday price will only be refunded if notice of cancellation is given at least six weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday let:
- Up to 6 weeks prior to arrival date: full refund of balance.
- Up to 2 weeks prior to arrival date: 50% refund of balance.
- Within 2 weeks of arrival date: 0% refund of balance.
14. Changes of arrival or departure dates may be treated as cancellation and re-booking.
15. In the event of The Owners cancelling the booking, for whatever reason, all deposits and payments received from the Holidaymaker will be refunded in full but no further claim will be made against The Owners.
16. If for any reason beyond The Owners control the property is unavailable on the day when the tenancy is due to begin (for instance due to flooding or fire damage) or the property becomes unsuitable for holiday letting, The Holidaymaker will receive a full refund of all rents and charges already paid and The Holidaymaker shall have no further claim against The Owners and any of their agents.
17. The Holidaymaker undertakes to relieve The Owners and any of their agents from any liability for damage or injury however caused by any member of his or her party in the cabin, including, but not limited to, the wood burning stove, hob, oven, cabin beds, electric shower.
18. The Owners reserve the right to refuse entry or remove any party who has falsified information to gain entry to the cabin.